PDA

View Full Version : Metro needed

ChiefZero
Mon Nov 03, 2008, 12:57 AM
I need Metro after reading please help thread I believe I got discus plague and was wondering if these products at these sites would are the real metro because From what I head metro is from the vet's.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+4615+4753&pcatid=4753
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+4615+13940&pcatid=13940

Also should I be worried about the discus that was just added yesterday and was only with the infected discus for less then a day, they are not together anymore. Should I worry and how is Discus plague transfered.

swingn
Mon Nov 03, 2008, 01:12 AM
From my experience, the quicker you treat them the better. I would say your best bet is trying to find someone local or a vet who can sell them to you ASAP & start treatment tonight... Otherwise there is a strong chance you will land up rather upset as I am.

Problem I've noticed, is that if a fish contracts discus plague, it picks up anything that is in your tank... For example, mine (One that passed away) was showing signs of:

* Discus plague
* Hex
* Gill flukes

ChiefZero
Mon Nov 03, 2008, 01:28 AM
Ya I will but right now it is almost 9 and all is closed that would have it.

Ya I got worms and fungus!

SHould I wory that the other one will get worms.

swingn
Mon Nov 03, 2008, 02:18 AM
I'm not going to pretend to be an expert, but I would treat them all for anything / everything they are showing signs of.

That's what I'm going to be doing.

rwel4809
Mon Nov 03, 2008, 03:04 AM
Don't panic. First of all what are your water parameters, amonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph and temp? how many litres is your tank? what is you WC schedule. Do you age your water before water changes?

If you can answer these questions and post a pic then one of the more experienced members on here, Hollowman, ILLUSN, Merrilyn for example, will be able to confirm your diagnosis.

You may just need to do a major water change to start with - good water conditions alone can fix minor cases of fungus. Worms are not good, but won't kill immediately so I think you should get a proper assessment before you medicate. I am sure that we all have a tendency to panic when fish are off colour, and think the worst - are the fish shedding their slime coat? If you have seen fish with plague it really looks terrible..

R

ChiefZero
Mon Nov 03, 2008, 03:12 AM
I will But I do not got the means today.
THe one fish with fungus is about to kick the bucket. :( I am really just worried about the other fish. I can not get apicture of the sick fish but it is eal dark and slimy and fungusy.

ILLUSN
Mon Nov 03, 2008, 04:42 AM
PLEASE POST YOUR WATER PARAMETERS!

things you can do in the short term.

1. atleast 50% water change
2. increase temp to 30C
3. add salt 1tsp/40L
4. lower ph to 5.0 (then gradually to 4.5-4.8)
6. turn lights off

jtchia
Fri Mar 13, 2009, 04:34 PM
Hi ILLUSN. What salt do people normally use when treating discus? Epson salt, rock salt or normal cooking salt?

jtchia
Fri Mar 13, 2009, 04:42 PM
Hi ILLUSN. What salt do people normally use when treating discus? Epson salt, rock salt or normal cooking salt?