PDA

View Full Version : My Fishroom

darren burgess
Mon Oct 13, 2008, 01:22 AM
Thought i would share a few pics of my fishroom,it's a work in progress,slowly getting there.

cheers

darren burgess
Mon Oct 13, 2008, 01:24 AM
a few more.

darren burgess
Mon Oct 13, 2008, 01:25 AM
last one for now.

cheers

TW
Mon Oct 13, 2008, 02:24 AM
Wow that is fantastic. Love it

You are sooooo neat & tidy

waitaki
Mon Oct 13, 2008, 02:59 AM
holy cwap - I'm jealous:)
you obviously like the reds!!
and look at all the little ones, niiiiicccccceeee

darren burgess
Mon Oct 13, 2008, 05:06 AM
Thank's for the comments.

cheers

taksan
Mon Oct 13, 2008, 06:09 AM
Fishroom?
Thats way too neat and tidy ... ;-)
Mine looks like absolute Chaos compared to that

iro11a
Mon Oct 13, 2008, 10:38 AM
Damn thats awesome great set up and looks like you got a great collection of fish there mate great work!

Mattzilla
Mon Oct 13, 2008, 10:41 AM
awesome setup

so neat and tidy!

darren burgess
Mon Oct 13, 2008, 10:35 PM
Thank's really appreciate your comments.

cheers

jasonmomm
Tue Oct 14, 2008, 02:32 AM
Just amazing... :shock:

We'd all love a fishroom like that

ivo
Tue Oct 14, 2008, 03:23 AM
very nice fishroom set up and beautiful discus you got darren. if i was in your fishroom i would probably stayed for hours to finish looking at each tank.

iro11a
Tue Oct 14, 2008, 05:34 AM
Hey darren do u have lights for the tanks or you just got a main light in the room that you use?also did u paint the sides of your tank's white?

Jono

darren burgess
Tue Oct 14, 2008, 07:22 AM
Ivo,thank's for the comments,Jono i only use room and natural light,all the tanks have white contact on the sides and back.

cheers

Dan
Wed Oct 15, 2008, 01:46 PM
Very nice and neat!!!!!!

I love how you have plants in pots for every tank!!!!

Gives it that extra touch, instead of a plain bare bottom tank!

waitaki
Thu Oct 16, 2008, 12:04 AM
hey there Dan - can you explain how you do your water changes, I see a couple of ro units there, do you have an ageing tank there somewhere? what filtration are you using? This is one of those posts I keep coming back to and drooling over

BigDaddyAdo
Thu Oct 16, 2008, 04:31 AM
Very cool !!!

The first thought i had was how the @%#$ does he do a water change. ;)

Ado

lpiasente
Thu Oct 16, 2008, 09:09 AM
His house keeper had just been over and done all the cleaning that's why he took the photos on that day.

It looks amazing.

darren burgess
Mon Oct 20, 2008, 02:27 AM
Thank's for the comments,Water changes are simple i siphon all the crap of into the waste pipe's,every tank has it's own tap with non return valve's water is filtered through 4 filters 1st carbon filter 2nd partical filter 3rd aqua space (chlorine remover) 4th and final partical filter.RO unit is for my Heckels.

cheers

barramundi
Tue Oct 28, 2008, 05:25 AM
OMG Darren, you have been busy while i've been away!!
How good that looks, i thought your last fish room was great but that one is just amazing.
Great setup mate can't wait to see it and the discus look so good in it.

john

darren burgess
Tue Dec 16, 2008, 01:34 AM
I put a new stand in the fishroom on the weekend which holds 2 x 4ft x 18"x20" with 2 partitions so it gives me 6 extra growout tanks.just needs to be plumbed in.

cheers

coco
Tue Dec 16, 2008, 11:27 AM
wow!! nice setup :shock:

jimmyg
Tue Dec 16, 2008, 12:56 PM
Very Nice can you post a couple of close up pics of your pipes from the tanks to the sump etc, I am looking at plumbing my Tanks to a sump and have no idea on how to od it.

Thanks
Jimmy

rex82
Tue Dec 16, 2008, 09:53 PM
he dont use a sump by the looks mate.........lol

darren burgess
Tue Dec 16, 2008, 10:54 PM
Rex,
your right i don't use a sump all my run off water will be used in my hydroponic set up eventually.

cheers

Ben75
Wed Dec 17, 2008, 02:17 AM
Hi Darren,
Mate looking good. Merry x-mas & happy new year
to you and family.
regards,
Ben

rex82
Wed Dec 17, 2008, 12:44 PM
LOL.... the hydroponic system reuse is just a way to make us peopleon water restrictions feel better. i wished i lived where you do........... i would do the same thing. you must have some *%#$ing brilliant fish mate.
I'm green with envy

cory1
Sat Dec 20, 2008, 03:25 AM
Fantastic setup..you wouldn't be OCD by any chance

That would have to rate as the cleanest breeding room i have seen :D

darren burgess
Sat Dec 20, 2008, 12:08 PM
Fantastic setup..you wouldn't be OCD by any chance

That would have to rate as the cleanest breeding room i have seen :D
Thanks for the comment.If you ask my partner she would say i'm "OCOD"
which stands for overdosed completely on discus ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

cheers

cory1
Sat Dec 20, 2008, 09:20 PM
Darren,

Looking at your pics again this morning and i have never seen

breeding tanks like yours...the cabinets with doors etc very nice

Have you got some pics of the sump system and do you use UV

or ozone, your water quality looks excellent :wink:

Barry

jimmyg
Sat Dec 20, 2008, 09:37 PM
I am sumping my system, is the PVC glue safe for fish, if not what glue do you use to place on all the joins.

You say you have one way valves were are they placed.

I am looking at doing my own plumbing but unsure how to do it, no one shows close ups of the pipe work. Any info would be a huge help.

Thanks
Jimmy :-)

jimmyg
Sat Dec 20, 2008, 09:40 PM
Rex,
your right i don't use a sump all my run off water will be used in my hydroponic set up eventually.

cheers

How much water do you go through, if you don't mind me asking. I see you don't use a sump so I am guessing straight down the drain till you get a hydroponic, how awesome they can fertise and water your plants, nice idea

darren burgess
Sat Dec 20, 2008, 11:23 PM
Darren,

Looking at your pics again this morning and i have never seen

breeding tanks like yours...the cabinets with doors etc very nice

Have you got some pics of the sump system and do you use UV

or ozone, your water quality looks excellent :wink:

Barry
Hi Barry,
thanks for your comments,I do not use a sump at the moment the run off water goes on the garden until i get my hydroponic system going.I do not use UV or Ozone,i work on the kiss principle (keep it simple) the more you mess with them the more trouble you have.

cheers

darren burgess
Sat Dec 20, 2008, 11:26 PM
Rex,

cheers

How much water do you go through, if you don't mind me asking. I see you don't use a sump so I am guessing straight down the drain till you get a hydroponic, how awesome they can fertise and water your plants, nice idea

Hi Jimmy,
at the moment i use approx 500 litres a day,which i currently water the garden with i live on 1 acre.

cheers

darren burgess
Sun Dec 21, 2008, 06:25 AM
I am sumping my system, is the PVC glue safe for fish, if not what glue do you use to place on all the joins.

You say you have one way valves were are they placed.

I am looking at doing my own plumbing but unsure how to do it, no one shows close ups of the pipe work. Any info would be a huge help.

Thanks
Jimmy :-)

Jimmy,
I used regular pvc glue no problems.I have a non return valve on the pipe before it enters the fishroom and also all the valves for each tank are non return.

cheers

jimmyg
Mon Dec 22, 2008, 11:40 AM
Darren what size are your breeding Tanks, are they 4ft tanks split into 3's or are they just over a foot long tank. The first pick and then the new tanks.

Can you paint the glass or do you use contact on the split of a 4ft tank into 3 to stop them from fighting.

Thanks
Jimmy

darren burgess
Mon Dec 22, 2008, 10:29 PM
Darren what size are your breeding Tanks, are they 4ft tanks split into 3's or are they just over a foot long tank. The first pick and then the new tanks.

Can you paint the glass or do you use contact on the split of a 4ft tank into 3 to stop them from fighting.

Thanks
Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,
My breeding tanks are 2ft x 18" x 15" all tanks are contacted the 2 4fts with partitions are only growout tanks not breeding tanks.

cheers

discusking
Thu Jan 22, 2009, 07:09 AM
you got quick a lot, i had a fishroom before, took me one and a half hours per day to keep all tanks tidy, gave up coz so tired. :D

flgirl1977
Thu Jan 22, 2009, 01:47 PM
Darn it Ed, I'm still jealous every time I see these pics... Can you guys come over here and make me one??? lol! ;)

darren burgess
Fri Apr 10, 2009, 06:32 AM
My new auto w/c system,3 water changes daily.

cheers

darren burgess
Fri Apr 10, 2009, 06:36 AM
My new auto w/c system,3 water changes daily.

cheers

darren burgess
Fri Apr 10, 2009, 06:38 AM
A couple more pics.

cheers

Ben75
Fri Apr 10, 2009, 10:24 AM
Hi Darren,
Great looking set up for the water changes. Am hoping to hook mine up in a similar fashion. So you just syphon up the waiste once a day & feed them and the water fills back up on auto ?
Thanks for sharing the pics.
Regards,
Ben

darren burgess
Thu Apr 16, 2009, 04:19 AM
Hi Darren,
Great looking set up for the water changes. Am hoping to hook mine up in a similar fashion. So you just syphon up the waiste once a day & feed them and the water fills back up on auto ?
Thanks for sharing the pics.
Regards,
Ben
You got it Ben.thanks for the comments

cheers

darren burgess
Tue Sep 14, 2010, 07:58 AM
Hi,
It is with great regret i have to sell my complete fishroom set up,If you would like to know any details or you are interested please pm me.I am in townsville.

cheers

swampy1972
Tue Sep 14, 2010, 09:57 PM
Damn.. That's a real shame mate after you put in so much effort getting it to this point..

I hope you're not leaving the hobby :(