PDA

View Full Version : laying white eggs???

Mitch
Fri Aug 22, 2008, 09:25 AM
Hopefully someone can help here, one of my girls is laying white eggs, noe of the eggs are coming out orange just heaps of cloudy white eggs. Could someone please tell me what this means and is caused by. Thanks :)

Big Daddy1
Fri Aug 22, 2008, 06:14 PM
Hmm, is it its first spawn?

Are they albino?

Has the male fertilized them yet?

Are they completely white?

This can be normal depending on the color of the fish.

Mitch
Fri Aug 22, 2008, 11:40 PM
She has spawned plenty of times, they always come out perfect orange, but are coming out the same cloudy white colour that an unfertilized egg turns after a few days.She is a pigeon blood, but even my albino lays white eggs. Just hoping its not some sort of infection. :(

Mitch
Fri Aug 22, 2008, 11:45 PM
sorry quick edit. my Albino lays only orange eggs. Ive got white eggs on the brain.

Mitch
Mon Aug 25, 2008, 08:54 AM
Does anyone know if this is some sort of infection that may need treating? Thanks

mistakes r crucial
Tue Aug 26, 2008, 07:16 AM
There was no mention of any male in the tank, I presume you have one.
MAC

Mitch
Wed Aug 27, 2008, 05:53 AM
There was no mention of any male in the tank, I presume you have one.
MAC
Yep, she is paired up with a male, but in a community tank, so rarely make it to wrigglers an then only last the week at most. I was just mainly concerned for her. She laid two batches of eggs like these, two nights in a row, but hasn't laid again since. Could just be a passing thing.

FishermanDan
Sun Aug 31, 2008, 07:05 AM
Aren't white eggs mean that they are dead?

Merrilyn
Sun Aug 31, 2008, 01:59 PM
Infertile eggs turn white after a day or two, but they are generally orange or at the very least, yellow when laid.

I think Mitch is indicating that his female is actually laying white eggs, not that they are turning white after a few days.

I've never experienced that with my own fish Mitch. Wonder if she had been egg bound, and by the time she was finally able to pass the eggs, they were white ????? Just a guess.

How is she now Mitch. Has she laid any eggs since?

Mitch
Mon Sep 01, 2008, 10:25 AM
Wonder if she had been egg bound, and by the time she was finally able to pass the eggs, they were white ????? Just a guess.

How is she now Mitch. Has she laid any eggs since?
Thanks Merrilyn, sounds like a pretty good guess. She is fine, there have been no other signs of anything being wrong. Bit of a mystery i think. Thanks for everyones help :D :D