PDA

View Full Version : Discus flirting!!

glamgirl
Sun Jul 13, 2008, 07:19 AM
Hi everyone, Just wondering how do discus flirt with each other?? I have just done a large water change and my red turk is now acting very strangely, Im actually quite worried as i have never seen this behaviour before. The discus is agitated and keeps going up to the blue diamond (which it normally hates) and shaking its tail and putting the fins up high. Blue diamond just pushes it away. red turk is also rubbing its chest on the glass. All other discus seem happy. Should i be worried??

waitaki
Sun Jul 13, 2008, 07:23 AM
Flirting!! Don't be worried unless you're not happy with the union :lol: :lol:

glamgirl
Sun Jul 13, 2008, 07:25 AM
So does that mean its a boy or girl?? and why is the blue diamond telling it off??

Hollowman
Sun Jul 13, 2008, 09:28 AM
It does sound like it is getting jiggy, but as to whether it is M or F, who knows. (pics might help)
Generally, when a pair is forming, they will perform for eachother, this takes the form of swimming around eachother and then swimming towards eachother in an arch type of course and at the top of the arch, they suddenly bow at eachother, like they are nodding.
It's great to see.

Good luck

Hollowman

Matt15
Sun Jul 13, 2008, 11:59 AM
Yeh its great watching discus shaping up and shaking around in a like most dance routine. It's certainly a sign that somebodies ready to make babies. As Hollowman has said, there's noway of judging the sex of the pic, but pictures would proberly help.