PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in SA want to come to the Riverland? I need help!!

riverlanddiscus
Sat Jul 12, 2008, 07:42 AM
Hello to all you fine people. :D

Problem is this. Hubby just bought me a new 300 litre aquarium. I am also getting a co2 system and getting a sh*%load of plants to get started.

I have had my current 4 foot going well but need people that know what they are doing to set the new one up. It is such a lovely place this time of year!!

:P

:D

Hollowman
Sat Jul 12, 2008, 08:49 AM
Sorry, but I don't understand, are you telling us you have a new tank or asking about setting up? :?:

riverlanddiscus
Sat Jul 12, 2008, 08:52 AM
Jokingly wanting someone to have a holiday in the Riverland so they can help me set up this new aquarium.

Fancy coming here form the UK?? My hubby and his family were originally from there.

Sorry for confusion.

:D

Hollowman
Sat Jul 12, 2008, 09:01 AM
:lol: ok, is the ticket prepaid?? :lol: :wink:

riverlanddiscus
Sat Jul 12, 2008, 09:18 AM
No, but the accommodation is. I have a wooden cubby house or a metal kennel. Or you can share with one of the kids.

:)

Hollowman
Sat Jul 12, 2008, 09:21 AM
Would love to visit Oz one day, so I can only help from here right now :(

H :wink:

riverlanddiscus
Sat Jul 12, 2008, 09:34 AM
We pick up the aqua one in 3 weeks. Still unsure with regards to filtration and lighting needs for discus and plants though?? We have an Eheim 2227 and thinking we will add that too. Just a bit messy to do.... lights aren't 2 wpg like I have read they should be.

Let's not even start talking about the cos system. Just starting to look for a system now.

I will keep you in mind for specific questions though. :D

Hollowman
Sat Jul 12, 2008, 09:44 AM
Ok, I am not a planted 'expert' but ILLUSN is the man for that. I keep my fish in BB or sand substrate tanks. Just easier to keep, as discus need lots of food and clean water .
On my 4ft tank I use an AquaOne CF1200 and an Eheim2217, I also run several sponge filters too, no problems with that much filtration, better to over do it imo