PDA

View Full Version : dark fish

dan23
Wed Jul 02, 2008, 12:01 PM
tonight i noticed after being away for a week that one of my juvie has turned almost black and has a cotton like slime all over him and swimming at all angles as well as breathing heavy while the others seem to be stitting still and not moving around much at all i did a water check and nothing is out of the ordinary the only thing did i before i went away was add some driftwood with plants does this sound like discus plague and if so what do i use to try and fix this problem

Merrilyn
Wed Jul 02, 2008, 12:11 PM
Dan, did anyone do water changes for you while you were away?

I wouldn't rush to medicate just yet, but I would advise you to do daily water changes for at least a week and see what happens.

If the nitrates had gone up, or if the pH had dropped, that would be enough for your fish to be showing those symptoms.

dan23
Wed Jul 02, 2008, 12:24 PM
no there were water changes as my wife refuses to do anything with them other than look at them and feed them the smallest one looks to on its last legs 3 others dont well but 2 look as if theres nothing wrong ,swimming around ,eating and coming up to the front of the tank looking to be hand fed

Hollowman
Wed Jul 02, 2008, 02:37 PM
What sort of tank are they in? planted or BB?
What temp are they at?
Do you have a smaller hospital tank?