PDA

View Full Version : Naming my discus

pink66
Fri Jun 13, 2008, 01:54 PM
Hello to those who check this one out.. I am a newbie.. the following Q will show that.. but I am wondering what is the colour description I would use to describe my fish. Blue just does not seem to cut it.. (he is adopted and I have no idea)

thanks in advance for your assistance.

regards,

Sharon

cityguy
Fri Jun 13, 2008, 04:18 PM
What about calling it "lightning"

cityguy
Fri Jun 13, 2008, 04:30 PM
Forgot to mention.. beautiful fish, is it a brilliant Blue with stripes ?

glamgirl
Mon Jun 16, 2008, 02:34 AM
Haha, when i saw the title of this thread, i thought great there are others out there that name there fish!!!!!!!! Im not crazy after all :)
Sorry no help i know...

discusluver
Mon Jun 16, 2008, 04:53 AM
call him jaws hahahaha :D

pink66
Mon Jun 16, 2008, 05:05 AM
A friend came over and looked at him yesterday.. What big evil red eyes he has was the cry.. So there it is.. Damien.. (you know 666, The Omen) mmm, I am sure he does look like a Damien..

regards, Sharon

cityguy
Mon Jun 16, 2008, 06:11 AM
Here in India we say that a bad name will have a negetive vibration in the place .. why not choose a better name ?

Hollowman
Mon Jun 16, 2008, 08:01 AM
Looks like a Red Turq to me. :( Can I ask where you got the fish ?

Hollowman

pink66
Mon Jun 16, 2008, 09:49 AM
A friend who could no longer keep him gave him to me. But all I know is he must have come from somewhere in the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne (not much help I am a sorry)

The blue is very bright and the squiggles are reddy brown and sometimes the black stripes show up as well.

Hollowman
Mon Jun 16, 2008, 09:54 AM
Hi Pink,

As I said, still a Red Turq. Must admit though, he looks quite stunted to me, not your fault, just the way it was looked after before you. :(

H

pink66
Mon Jun 16, 2008, 09:57 AM
I would have thought that the Damien's of the world like their name.. Perhaps I should find a name that reflects his journey to get to my house.

he has lived in conditions where he did not have a waterchange for over a year, did not get to eat on a regular basis and still since coming to my place three weeks ago not only has he survived but he is thriving. mmm who thought it would be so hard to name a fish.. he has a wonderful character and is great to watch.. (in case you are reading this and thinking I am totally mad, you are probably right.. all my animals - even fish - are members of the family)

cityguy
Mon Jun 16, 2008, 09:58 AM
I was having the same feeling that the fish is stunted when I saw the eyes..but I guess pink66 will make up the past shortfall of the friend and make the fish proud of its present owner :-)

Hollowman
Mon Jun 16, 2008, 10:15 AM
I bet he is smiling now, glad he is going to get looked after better now. I would call him 'Lucky'

H :wink:

cityguy
Mon Jun 16, 2008, 10:28 AM
Well thoughup name HM, Lucky :-)

waitaki
Mon Jun 16, 2008, 10:30 AM
call him Gonzalez or Pablo!

pink66
Mon Jun 16, 2008, 10:31 AM
I know he is small but I am glad I was able to adopt him. I have never come accross a fish who needed it more. The ones who follow him to my home will not suffer this problem.. I think his name should be Finn... because his fins have grown 1cm since getting to my place. so Finn it is and yes he is the luckiest discus in the world by all accounts he should not have made it this far..

thanks everyone

Cheers, Sharon

waitaki
Mon Jun 16, 2008, 11:36 AM
great name :lol: