PDA

View Full Version : Waterlife Sterazin

mr troph
Thu Jun 12, 2008, 06:35 AM
:) Just wondering if anyone uses this product for there Discus. I have orderd some and intend to use it every 3 months or so to keep parasites in check. Can it be used with plants present and at 28+ temperatures.
Thanks.

Todd.

ILLUSN
Thu Jun 12, 2008, 06:44 AM
i use it for cleaning nets, havn't found it that usefull as a disease treatment though.

mr troph
Thu Jun 12, 2008, 09:50 AM
:( O really. I thought it would be good. Shows how much I no. My fish are not deasesd but Im sure would be carrying parasites and undesirables. I was going to just dose the tank every so often to keep pests in check. Would this be ok as a preventative, or should I continue useing my wardley para.
Would you say that this stuff was a mild med. I mean it wont knock my discus and plants around to much?

Todd

Hollowman
Thu Jun 12, 2008, 10:06 AM
I really don't think using a med in this fashion is a good idea. Use a med if your fish show the signs of disease of course, but as a general 'throw in' treatment for the hell( lol, it blanked out the place where Satan resides lol) of it will eventually lead to parasite immunity leading to a useless med in the future. jmo

Hollowman

mr troph
Thu Jun 12, 2008, 10:52 AM
:roll: I guess so but. I thought it would be like a wormer as well. I no experienced Discus keepers that will treat every 3 months or so to control infestation levels. As we both no Discus carry parasite heathy or not. I am always particular about my tanks maintanace but some times that isnt enough.
I have thought about the parasites becoming resistant to meds and I think its a good point.
Believe me I would put anything in my tanks, for the ***

Todd