PDA

View Full Version : I want to NUKE the tank !!

Fishontherun
Wed Jun 04, 2008, 03:57 AM
hi... 8-)
I've been treating worm in a heavily planted tank, so it is not possible to rid all cysts, segment, paralysed worm... also because of the plants I could never do a proper gravel vaccuumm .. so I'm thinking of moving all fish & filter to a bare bottom, leave the plants and Nuke the whole tank. Any suggestion on what I should use ??

zar
Wed Jun 04, 2008, 04:09 AM
your best bet for sterilizing your tank is to use chlorine. But i'm pretty sure you can say goodbye to your plants then.
you can also sterilise your tank using potassium permanganate. plants wont like pp either.

Don't know how much gravel you have, but boiling it in a pot would definitely kill everything in there.
And if you're transfering your filter with your fish, some cysts and everything else are probably in your filter too.

ILLUSN
Wed Jun 04, 2008, 05:05 AM
anything that nukes all the worms will also kill your plants, i like PP for a good nuke, much easier to see any residual traces in the water then chlorine and it also smells better.

take the fish out, leave them out for 3 months and just do repeated treatments with no hosts for the paracites to live on + consistant treatment they'll dissapear then you can move the fish back in.