croydon_downunder
Tue May 20, 2008, 02:20 PM
Where can u buy this medication from?

gypsy3
Wed May 21, 2008, 01:25 AM
you have to get it from a vet.

AHC
Wed May 21, 2008, 02:54 AM
Along with a vet, you can also get it from fish friendly chemist with a pharmacy attached. i walked in with the Metro sticky and spoke to the pharmicist. She was quite understanding and gave it to me no probs. She was also interested to know how i went - but i havent needed to use it yet so havent gone back.

At the time of me stocking meds for when i need them, i rang 5 different vets in my area at the time and not one could help me. They suggested i called sydney uni.

Good luck with it mate - it depends on the vet and chemist.

croydon_downunder
Thu May 22, 2008, 07:46 AM
Thanks i will try the vet tomorrow.
Are they expensive to buy?
The oscar is not eating, how would i treat him? 12mg per litre?

JoeDiscus85
Thu May 22, 2008, 09:30 AM
You can treat the water, Or 1gm of metro mixed in with 100 grams of food. When i dose with metro i dose 10 gramsof food and dose .01 metro. You have to havea digital scale to get it right. You have to use alot more meds if you dose the whole tank. The meds get into their blood stream either way so might as well use less meds.

Joe

croydon_downunder
Fri May 23, 2008, 01:11 AM
fish is not eating, so i have to dose the whole tank

AHC
Fri May 23, 2008, 02:48 AM
use a spare quarentine tank if you can. No filter, heat on 30 with an air stone.

Good luck :?

fishgeek
Fri May 23, 2008, 07:32 PM
Along with a vet, you can also get it from fish friendly chemist with a pharmacy attached. i walked in with the Metro sticky and spoke to the pharmicist. She was quite understanding and gave it to me no probs. She was also interested to know how i went - but i havent needed to use it yet so havent gone back.

At the time of me stocking meds for when i need them, i rang 5 different vets in my area at the time and not one could help me. They suggested i called sydney uni.

Good luck with it mate - it depends on the vet and chemist.

if it is prescription only then the pharmacist is risking a lot to help you out... like her career
best not to advertise that fact , just be grateful

metro dosing is 25mgs/l in water