PDA

View Full Version : Lifting up a tank??

axl
Sun May 18, 2008, 12:35 AM
Hi,
i have set up my 450ltr planted discus tank and i put some carboard under 1 corner of the cabinet because the floor is uneven and want to no is there anyway we can lift the cabinet up to get the cardboard out.??? I want to get the tank level again. Any Suggestions Cheers Axl

rwel4809
Sun May 18, 2008, 01:35 AM
That's a tricky one... sounds like you'll have to drain at least 75 % of the water first... you've got half a tonne to move otherwise!!

i guess it depends how much its out by... if its only a little bit it might be worth waiting to see if the cardboard compacts under the weight over the next week or so..

Sorry to state the obvious... Good Luck!

Robert

axl
Sun May 18, 2008, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the reply back its only out 10mm so its not a big dramma hopefully it might drop down if it dosent it wont matter anyway.

Fishontherun
Sun May 18, 2008, 10:49 AM
me and my mate able to lift a same 415 lt up by 1 inch and across by as much ... :-) but don't kill your back

cityguy
Thu Jun 05, 2008, 03:50 PM
The most important thing about lifting a tank with even 10-15% water remaining inside it, that it carries the risk of making the corners loose and God forbid, the tank may leak when you refill again. I know its very tough to take all the water out and then move it, but then, better be safe than sorry.