PDA

View Full Version : Metro/Prazi, What to do if they are both active ingredients?

JoeDiscus85
Fri May 09, 2008, 09:45 PM
What exactly should i do as far as dosing goes?? Ive read alot on here not to ever use the both together. Im using jungle labs internal parasite guard,I want to put it into their food is this ok to do with them both being active ingredients? And if so what rates would I dose 1gm meds/100grams food?? Thanks for the help.

Joe

JoeDiscus85
Mon May 12, 2008, 09:28 PM
Well, since no responses, Ive tried using 10grams of food, I use .1grams of meds, Going to dose once a day for 7 days and see if the white poo from one of my discus goes away.

Joe

JoeDiscus85
Tue May 13, 2008, 11:56 PM
Well day 3 now, Ive given 3 treatments,He seems to be taking it well the occasional head shake or twitch, Have started to see some dark in the poo,no longer just intestinal lining. Keep you guys updated.

Joe

ILLUSN
Wed May 14, 2008, 04:42 AM
Sorry joe, didn't see your post.

in food metro is effective at 1g/100g of food and prazi 400mg/100g of food.

you'll have to work out the dosage from the ammount of active ingredient of each in your meds.

JoeDiscus85
Wed May 14, 2008, 10:14 AM
Thanks,Illusn. Ive tried .01 grams i figure that was one tenth of 1 gram, I mix that in with 10 grams of food. No discus dead or even really stressed looking. He seems a little unconfortable and he will give an occasional headshake a few hours after feeding.Havent seen any white poo for a few days but im going to keep up the dosing.

Joe

TW
Wed Nov 26, 2008, 02:13 PM
prazi 400mg/100g of food

If we dose the food, does this mean no need to dose the water column?

Can Big L be added to food?

Thanks in advance

ILLUSN
Thu Nov 27, 2008, 01:46 AM
if you dose the food you dont need to dose the water column, i use freeze dried blackworms to dose bigL, i pour out the ammount i need for the tank into a small medicine cup, then add the worms i let them soak for a 1/2 hour or so then feed the fish, they dont seem to like the taste but they eat it, any left over meds i throw into the tank.

TW
Thu Nov 27, 2008, 03:27 AM
I had thought of freeze dried blackworms, garlic extract, Big L, set in just enough gelatin mixture to bind. Had been thinking of doing that with just the FDBW, anyway, as a solution to them not sinking.

TW
Thu Nov 27, 2008, 11:58 AM
JoeDiscus85, hope you don't mind me tagging these Q's onto your thread.
thanks Illusn. if you dose the food you dont need to dose the water columnFor feeding medicated food to equal water dosing, how many days would you feed the medicated food to the fish?

ILLUSN
Thu Nov 27, 2008, 10:45 PM
i feed once a week for 4 weeks( levimenisole)
1 a day for 5 days (metro)
1 a day for 3 days then repeat after a wee (prazi)