PDA

View Full Version : My own Discus Website

Jeroen
Mon May 05, 2008, 09:51 PM
Hello everybody,

after a long time, hard work, many ours of programming and building databases my own discus website/forum is finally ready (and online)
Probably you don't understand much of it cause it is al in dutch

But because I am proud of it I wanted to share the link to my website.

www.discus.hobbylounge.nl

I am looing forwards to your reactions

AHC
Mon May 05, 2008, 10:20 PM
Nice Pictures. :lol:

Matt15
Mon May 05, 2008, 11:57 PM
Great looking site you've created there. I love the wallpapers, the photos are crystal clear.
I'd love to join a more social, friendly discus forum. It's just a shame I can't read/understand dutch :D

Jeroen
Tue May 06, 2008, 12:31 AM
Thanks....
I try to make the site technical so complete as is possible...besides the forum there is a aquablog and an Aquariumpage, here people can post pics there aquarium, the plants, write down measurements of the watervalues (kh, gh, ph etc)

Maybe one day I will launch it in english aswell allthough it would be impossible to level up with this great forum...
One of the things I love about this forum is the friendly way everything goes

Maybe I can make a extra section in the forum called DOWN UNDER :-) that part would be english then ;-)

AHC
Tue May 06, 2008, 12:36 AM
yeah that sounds great mate :P

Jeroen
Tue May 06, 2008, 01:18 AM
How about this AHC

http://www.discus.hobbylounge.nl/?View=Forum
Check down at the forum :-)

AHC
Tue May 06, 2008, 01:44 AM
Hi Jeroen,

I think it gives more opportunity to share information with English speaking people in Holland etc that dont know about DiscusFourms.com. Your site will probably become the equivilent to what Discus Forums is for Australia and English speaking people alike but for dutch speaking people. I guess because Discus Forums is probably the best site for the english language, people would automatcially come here. In saying that, its a great opportunity for people there who can read english to communicate with other counties on your fantatsic site too.

Great site mate.

AHC
Tue May 06, 2008, 01:51 AM
PS. Also, people who can only read english may find it hard to set up an account etc because they cant speak dutch. May only be people who can speak mutliple languages so they can read both.

HTH :)

BSW
Tue May 06, 2008, 01:40 PM
The site looks great !
However like some of the others, I don't read Dutch either.
One thing I would love to see here, if you would, is some updated photos of the large 300 x 70 x 70 Bio tank, you had posted here
http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13951&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0
If you still have is set up, it was one awesome tank,
Best of luck with your web site, it really looks interesting, nice pictures -
B

Jeroen
Tue May 06, 2008, 09:53 PM
At the moment a little busy, but check my profile at my website

http://discus.hobbylounge.nl/?View=Login&Level=Vmlld01lbWJlcg==

There at the bottom you will find photo's en video's
Also you can have a look at my Aquablog, maybe you can't read but there is also many pictures of the project.

I think at the website Babelfish (altavista) you can translate whole tsxt pages (if you want to know what I have written ;-)

As soon I have some time I will post some updates..

AHC
Tue May 06, 2008, 10:32 PM
Wow that was your tank joroen! your tank is the best looking biotype tank i have ever seen. Has given me lots of inspiration.

Cheers

AHC
Tue May 06, 2008, 11:22 PM
Nice video's mate. :D

http://discus.hobbylounge.nl/?View=Login&Level=Vmlld1ZpZGVvcw==&U=193.42857142857

:cheers

BSW
Wed May 07, 2008, 01:31 AM
Thanks Joroen !
I did join your site, with some help from a translator ! :lol: Well, worth it !
The pics are awesome and so are the videos. You have some beautiful tanks and fish
B

Jeroen
Thu May 08, 2008, 12:09 AM
Thanjs ACH, yes that was my tank....and it is still under development.
Inside, filters, light etc is praticly done but I still need to build the outside (cabinet or however you call that)

2 video's are not mine, but I like them, soo I will post a new video.

BSW good to hear that you liked the site with a little help of a translator ;-)
Today I posted a new wallpaper (offcourse of my own fish :)

BSW
Thu May 08, 2008, 11:30 AM
Translation isn't hard, even plain ol' Google will translate for you, and the site registration is set up the same as most, so it was easy to navigate.
But still wish I could read it in English :wink:
The forum would be painstaking to translate one piece at a time. But I would still like to know what Discus people are saying in Holland.
Please do try to post some updates here at the forum as well if you can.
The 300 x 70 x70 tank was such an excelent example of an Amazon Bio tank. I've shown that tank to many people, and everyone has just been amazed, and would love to see more of your work. Don't forget about us over here in the U.S. too please ! :lol:
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=61609
Thanks Jeroen

Jeroen
Thu May 08, 2008, 10:55 PM
The 300 x 70 x70 tank was such an excelent example of an Amazon Bio tank. I've shown that tank to many people, and everyone has just been amazed, and would love to see more of your work

Catch a plain and come to have a look ;-) I am sure we have a spare room for guests...the weather is excellent atm (28 celcius)

Maybe.....very maybe I will translate the site also in english, that will mean the navigation and registration

Jeroen
Thu May 08, 2008, 11:45 PM
BSW, have a look, you know where ;-)