PDA

View Full Version : what medication to use

Rowland
Sun Apr 13, 2008, 06:57 AM
Hi All

I noticed my Royal Nhamundas had a few white poos in their tank and three of the fish had them still attached. The fish are still eating and behaving fine, but I know I need to treat. In the past I would have used Metro, but after reading the article on levimisol I am very unsure. The fish are in a system with my other wilds with a central filter. These are some of my questions:
Do I turn off the filter and treat all the fish?
Do I bath them in quarantine?
Which medication should I use?

Thank you
Rowland

ILLUSN
Mon Apr 14, 2008, 03:34 AM
is it possible for you to eamin the stools for nematodes, if you see worm's I'd go with levimenisole, if not, you'll proably need metro, if the fish are still eating dose the food and you should see improvement within a week.

Rowland
Mon Apr 14, 2008, 05:49 PM
Hi there

Thanks for the help...unfortunately no microscope. Do i dose the food with metro or levimisol?

ILLUSN
Mon Apr 14, 2008, 11:54 PM
are they white, short fat and jelly like? if they are my choice would be metro, if they are white and stringy I'd go levimenisole first. you should see improvement with levimenisole a day or 2 after treatment.

Rowland
Tue Apr 15, 2008, 07:20 AM
More stringy.
Do I dose the whole system, or affected fish only? In quarantine or leave where they are?

Thanks for the help

ILLUSN
Tue Apr 15, 2008, 07:26 AM
if one has it usually all have it and are just asymptomatic, do the lot to avoid reinfection.