PDA

View Full Version : Gill filaments, skittish discus.

albatrozz
Wed Mar 26, 2008, 12:10 PM
I've noticed that lately whitish clear gill filaments have been starting to poke out more and more on one of my discus. Could it be because of my CO2? It appears behind the gills and well nothing else has changed, although he does breathe slightly faster. What is causing his gill filaments to swell out? What med do i give him?

Also my BD has become EXTREMELY skittish. This has hit me so hard... he was one of the most dominant, greedy fish i've ever had! I have not introduced any new fish in the tank. Same tankmates, all discus. He looks ok but no longer eats ok. He swims normal but sometimes(not too often) i see him dash into the glass, swim right up to the water surface and splash around roughly. He once jumped out but luckily he hit the glass lid and fell back in. I don't know whats wrong with him or what triggers these events. Its as if he suffers from seizures. I thought he would be ok but it has recently escalated. He finds it hard to balance now and ALWAYS hides in the back corner :shock:

Any suggestions would be appreciated.