PDA

View Full Version : Now the disus are not well...

Barry N
Wed Mar 12, 2008, 09:44 AM
Hi All, Refer the following post for my initial problem http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15861

OK, have been doing daily water changes (50%+), running 2 x airstones as well as normal filtration and now the DISCUS are not looking good. Temp is back down to 30.

Not whitespot, not fungus - just a white scaley coating on irregular spots on the body. Similar to when they are breeding and get a mucus coat - it's affecting all the discus...Fins are now a bit clamped, coulour fading through appetite still good. Fins are affected by the white stuff as well as the body. Again, Ammonia, Nitrite still 0, Nitrate now less than 5ppm.

Starting to panic a bit as I know they are in decline - we've got another 7 days of 38-39 degrees coming and not sure what to do?

Any suggestions on anything I can do? Don't like seeing them like this. :cry:

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks all.

Barry N
Fri Mar 14, 2008, 07:10 AM
OK, looking good now. :D

Frozen 2L coke bottles; removed lid and lights and have had a fan running across top of tank (bit like an evaporative cooler) and temp is normal and not spiking.

Still lost all the tetras and corys though.

Merrilyn
Mon Mar 17, 2008, 04:13 AM
Discus can usually cope quite happily with a temporary increase in temp, but you guys in Adelaide have been having a rough time of it lately.

Glad to hear you got the tank temperature down. The weather bureau predicts a cool change is on the way for wednesday. Can't happen soon enough!

Good luck.

Barry N
Mon Mar 17, 2008, 10:50 AM
Thanks Merrilyn. Cool change tomorrow - ONLY about 30 degrees. :lol:

Discus are all going great - they like the hot weather as it means 80%+ daily water changes!