PDA

View Full Version : personals section

Ness
Wed Feb 27, 2008, 01:50 AM
thinkin maybe it would be sweet if we had a personals section on the
forum. would make it easier for us single folk to find that perfect fish in
this vast tank.......what's everyone's thoughts on this.

taksan
Wed Feb 27, 2008, 04:00 AM
Well ...I know I'd abuse it terribly.

Xtreme
Wed Feb 27, 2008, 05:16 AM
lol

samir
Thu Feb 28, 2008, 09:55 AM
i'd like to put mine up to swap for a more fish friendly model.

goldenpigeon
Thu Feb 28, 2008, 10:26 AM
hahaha
not a bad idea i guess
each to their own
im not knocking the idea but if you have to resort to going on a fish forum to hook up its probably a sign that you need to get out
on the other hand if its a bit of fun why not
(that wasnt a shot at you personally or anyone else, the above was meant light heartedly)

cheers
David

Ness
Thu Feb 28, 2008, 11:08 AM
at least you'd know the people you met wouldn't have a problem with all
the fish!

Ness
Thu Feb 28, 2008, 11:09 AM
my x hated them. hence the phrase x

*Chris*
Wed Mar 05, 2008, 12:34 PM
if someone told em to get rid of my fish id simply refer to the term um blow me
am i allowed to say that LOL

Bubbles
Wed Mar 05, 2008, 10:41 PM
You go Chris - good to hear your priorities are in place.

Ness - I think it would be a safer way of meeting people than on a singles/chat website BUT if someone were to hook up on this forum there would have to be some sort of privacy statement in place (Rules) as if it were to go all wrong (Girl/Guy turned out to be S**t) we may be hearing about it on the forum.

My hubby & I have been together for 22 years so it's not going to be an issue for me, more like free entertainment :lol:

gypsy3
Thu Mar 06, 2008, 03:18 AM
well, if its a way to meet a nice wild green, i'm all for it! :)

ILLUSN
Thu Mar 06, 2008, 03:31 AM
EWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

you leave those poor fish alone!!!! :evil:

LOL a more fish understanding wife would be nice though.

gypsy3
Thu Mar 06, 2008, 07:02 AM
Illusn, i assure you my intentions are entirely honourable :) :)

*Chris*
Thu Mar 06, 2008, 07:06 AM
well its proven ive said it before LOL if the person cant understand your hobby and cant appreciate your love for it then they are obviosly not meant to be around !!!

ILLUSN
Thu Mar 06, 2008, 10:25 AM
Dont say that Chris or else i'm heading for a divorce !!!

*Chris*
Thu Mar 06, 2008, 11:26 AM
hmmm divorce it is then mate

riverlanddiscus
Fri Mar 07, 2008, 07:48 AM
It's different for me. My husband doesn't understand so it's not only the wives.

*Chris*
Fri Mar 07, 2008, 09:45 AM
there are illusion a new wife

gypsy3
Fri Mar 07, 2008, 12:55 PM
i would still like to meet the green of my dreams:)

ILLUSN
Fri Mar 07, 2008, 02:48 PM
LOL,

she actually helped me do a water change last night, she wanted to "talk" i said you can "talk and help at the same time", so didn't think it was going to work LOL.

riverlanddiscus
Fri Mar 07, 2008, 11:05 PM
He helps but complains if I find a nice fish, calls me a "fish nerd" when I browse here and argues because I want just one more tank - he thinks it would be one more, then two more, and so on.... he isn't right, is he???

:)

Mr Discus
Sun Mar 09, 2008, 07:31 AM
As long as I keep my display tank looking 'picture perfect', my fiance is fine with it all!

As long as she doesn't need to do any maintenace on it then I'm in the clear!

Mind you, she has a cockateil that annoys the hell outta me. So as long as she controls her feathered rat and I control the fish we have a very well rounded relationship!

Merrilyn
Mon Mar 10, 2008, 05:56 AM
Well ...I know I'd abuse it terribly.

Yes but I'd be there to keep you honest darling :roll:

Bubbles
Thu Mar 13, 2008, 12:34 AM
He helps but complains if I find a nice fish, calls me a "fish nerd" when I browse here and argues because I want just one more tank - he thinks it would be one more, then two more, and so on.... he isn't right, is he???

:)

It always starts with one & then.......2.........3 & so on, we started with just a 2x2x18 comunity set-up, we now have 13 tanks, we have run out of room though & wont be buying anymore "unless" we move :twisted:
6 of our tanks I must admit are cubes in a specially built 6ft tall cabinet 2 per section - the reason its so tall is to allow room to lift the lids.
You wait.......more tanks will be on the agenda :D :D :D your other half is a smart person & obviously knows you better than yourself.