PDA

View Full Version : Gday from syd!

eddie
Wed Feb 20, 2008, 10:20 AM
Gday,

excellent forum! My names eddie, have been keeping fish for about 3 years now. Just starting to sell all my fish and get into discus they are beautifull

Cant wait to get into some

cheers eddie!

Matt15
Wed Feb 20, 2008, 10:37 AM
Welcome Eddie. Everything you need to know and want to know about discus can be found here. And if you can't find it.... feel free to ask.

What have you been keeping in the past?

albatrozz
Wed Feb 20, 2008, 11:40 AM
Welcome Eddy,

Always great to see more sydneysiders joining this forum :)

All the best with your discus.

eddie
Thu Feb 21, 2008, 02:35 AM
cheers guys,

mate ive keept just about everything!!!!! rare plecos, rare sharks, aussie natives ect all that sorta stuff

best fish i ever had would have been my L018 10cm nugget sadly sold him :(

Yea are their any discus meetings or anything like that?

cheers eddie

albatrozz
Thu Feb 21, 2008, 07:44 AM
Don't think so, im not exactly sure

eddie
Thu Feb 21, 2008, 09:17 AM
ah kk cheers

hey what type of discus is that in your pic matt? they are awsum how much are they worth?

cheers eddie

albatrozz
Thu Feb 21, 2008, 09:55 AM
thats a red turq eddie. Yeah they are beautiful, actually quite surprised not many fish shop's have this strain in sydney.... :( i do however know someone selling them for like 40$ each (bout 6-7cm's in length i think). Not sure of the quality though...

Matt15
Thu Feb 21, 2008, 12:40 PM
Which pic Eddie?

albatrozz is right about the one in my avatar. Turqs are very common amongst the domestic strains. Sale price is dependant on the size/age of the fish but they usually sell for around $80+

As for the Discus meetings they can be found in a few places.
http://www.discusforums.com/
http://www.ausdiscus.com.au/
The Australian Discus Association meets the fourth Saturday of each month @ the Rosehill Bowling Club. Meet at main entrance 7:30pm Sharp.

Merrilyn
Sun Feb 24, 2008, 01:03 PM
Welcome Eddie. :P

Glad you could join us.