PDA

View Full Version : Metro for Healthy Fish

OZFISH
Fri Feb 15, 2008, 01:27 PM
Hey Guys

At my last visit to the Vet i ended up with a large bottle of Metro (250 Tablets) so i have a few left over from teh treatment. I was thinking of treating the rest of my discus (all healthy) as a preventative in case they have hex dormant and to help avoid a future outbreak. So is prevention better than cure with Hex or should i leave them alone and only treat them if they get symptoms?

Also when treating with metro (i dont use carbon) should i turn off the canister filter (has bioballs and filter wool only) or leave it on ?

Cheers

ILLUSN
Fri Feb 15, 2008, 09:27 PM
If you dont have any symptoms i wouldn't waste the drug, if you've just completed a treatmen of some sick fish from that tank however it might be a good idea, if they are healthy and eating well add it the food at 1g/100g and feed for a week.

OZFISH
Fri Feb 15, 2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks for that :)

How do i mix it with the food? Generally i feed a discus mix recipe plus a treat of bloodworms every now and then.

Cheers.

ILLUSN
Sat Feb 16, 2008, 02:04 AM
you could crush it and let the bloodworms thaw in it and that should help disolve it, or just defrost some frozen food and add the crushed tablet to it.