PDA

View Full Version : worm treatment !!

Fishontherun
Thu Jan 24, 2008, 12:43 PM
hi guys,
I've been reading your threads on Levamisole, started treatmeant this arvo.. here is a pic of the sick .. he/she hasn't been eating for about 2 weeks ... I'm worrying that cos he is not eating.. the levamisole won't work .. First 2 hours after dosage, he start swiming around abit .. rather than resting on the plants... hope this is a good sign !!

Merrilyn
Thu Jan 24, 2008, 12:49 PM
He doesn't look too good, does he.

Two weeks is a very long time for a juvenile fish to go without food.

I think you may be looking at something more than parasites here.

Are you able to get hold of Metro or Flagyl tablets from your vet. It looks to me like a fairly advanced case of hexemita.

Be prepared that he may continue to refuse food, and just waste away.

Have you tried to tempt him with live food, worms or brine shrimp?

Fishontherun
Thu Jan 24, 2008, 12:59 PM
hi Merrilyn
Thanks for the quick respond. I got "Big L" levamisole from an online shop.. so I guess I could get Metro or Flagyl from them, too ?? Can you give me some more details of those medication ? I'm very new to discus, the only reason I use Levamisole is because the fish was spitting food before stop eating all together. I lost a discuss before with the same symptoms.. he was getting really skinny and died, after not eating for a while..
I have tried frozen blood worm.. he was not tempted.
Much appreciate your help.

JoeDiscus85
Thu Jan 24, 2008, 09:44 PM
Check out my post on worming help alot of people helped me out with awesome information and great response i treated my discus with a meto/prazi mixture from jungle labs 3 treatments later and whoa his life has come back he is vibrant in color eating like a pig and just plain back to life ..

Joe

JoeDiscus85
Check out my post on worming help alot of people helped me out with awesome information and great response i treated my discus with a merto/prazi mixture from jungle labs 3 treatments later and whoa his life has come back he is vibrant in color eating like a pig and just plain back to life ..

Joe

JoeDiscus85
Check out my post on worming help alot of people helped me out with awesome information and great response i treated my discus with a merto/prazi mixture from jungle labs 3 treatments later and whoa his life has come back he is vibrant in color eating like a pig and just plain back to life ..

Joe

JoeDiscus85
Thu Jan 24, 2008, 09:46 PM
sorry about that..

Fishontherun
Sat Jan 26, 2008, 05:19 AM
hi..
he died last night .. warning : you may find the pics below disturbing ..
I guess levamisole doesn't work ... it also cause dead to Molly ...
note: they both have "blacken" in the intestine area ...

JoeDiscus85
Sat Jan 26, 2008, 01:19 PM
o man sorry to see that...

Joe

ILLUSN
Sat Jan 26, 2008, 01:38 PM
did you cut it open to see if you could find worms?

Fishontherun
Mon Jan 28, 2008, 12:35 AM
hi..
didn't think about cutting it open.. :( I had one discus previously died after showing the same symptoms, do you think what ever cause it would still be in the tank waiting for the next victim ?? I still have 2 discus that see thru those dead but not affected.

ILLUSN
Mon Jan 28, 2008, 01:25 AM
hard to tell, was it eating, sometimes they go off food and just waste away