PDA

View Full Version : Agassizi Tefe - possible Fungus ?

Bubbles
Sun Jan 06, 2008, 10:19 AM
Can someone please have a look at the pics below (not very clear pics) & let me know if this is a fungus along the edge of his dorsal & one on the side of his body.
If it's not fugus can you please shed some light as to what it could be & how to treat.

Ammonia = 0
Nitrate = 0
PH = 6.2

Our male Tefe is still eating, a little loss of colour & is more than happy showing off to his female.

fishgeek
Sun Jan 06, 2008, 10:37 AM
not the most diagnostic pictures, can see pale area's where you are concerned
both fungus and common bacterial problems can produce white raied fluffy looking colonies
usually secondarily to some break in integument integrity... trauma, water quality, etc

almost any propreitey external infection mediction will work, whether in water or swabbed directly onto area's(this often removes the colony aswell)
good clean water is important... keep changing it even though readings look good there are obviosuly all the other non measured things that maybe bad
or maybe add carbon(only if not medicating) to adsorb any organics that you dont water change out)

if the area's are not raised and fluffy let me know and i will go through other pale lesions
hth
andrew

Bubbles
Sun Jan 06, 2008, 11:22 AM
Thanks Andrew for your reply,

We do water changes every week & keep an eye on the water properties, I'm trying to understand where I went wrong, the only thing that has changed is that we did move him from one tank to another with slightly different water properties than the last. The area's are slightly raised from a side view, I will treat him with some medication for external & hope this will fix his problem.
Thanks so much for your help Andrew.
Cheers,
Bubbles aka Karen

fishgeek
Sun Jan 06, 2008, 05:19 PM
any fighting?
netting damage when moved?

Bubbles
Tue Jan 08, 2008, 07:32 AM
any fighting?
netting damage when moved?Hey Andrew,

I think you were spot on with the net damage, he did substain a mark to the body when moved & that's how it all started, not looking good for our Tefe, will be putting him out of his missery very soon as he has lost all his colour & is just sitting on the bottom of the aquarium & stressing out the female.

Thanks for responding to my post, you & ThOmas are an asset to the Discus Forums.