PDA

View Full Version : pairing up

boydie
Sun Nov 25, 2007, 02:15 AM
gday all i have got 6 discus and 2 have paired up,a blue turq and a red/white.they have spawned several times.no luck due to a community setup.im going to setup a breeding tank and give a pair a go.
im wondering what the coloration would be if this pair produce?
also there are another 2 fish of breeding age(blue turqs).i would prefer to breed the turqs. if i was to remove the red/white would the turq start pairing up with another fish if one of the other turqs were of the opposite sex or should i try with the bonded pair and see how i go as i have not bred discus before.
i hope that makes some sort of sense.
looking forward to your comments.
cheers boydie :D

iro11a
Sun Nov 25, 2007, 10:41 AM
Hey boydie

I wouldt bother breeding the turq with a white/red one not sure what they would come out like but you would be better off breeding two turqs together to keep the strian the same rather than dirtying them up as such.

My story what happened to me i got 6 discus got them about 6 cm each most of them are about 10 and one about 13 now,i noticed in my tank only one pair really formed when there was 6 discus in there most probly because they was the strongest bond,but when i moved that pair and only had 4 in my community tank my blue diamond found a pair with a female turq,but funny story with this is i had to move my male turq that breed with the female because he was attacking her after they had free swimmers for 1 week and then the female turq paired up with the breeding male.

I never thought new pairs could be formed a read somewhere once they pair off thats the partner for life seems not,hope that helps anyways mate

boydie
Mon Nov 26, 2007, 08:25 AM
thanks dude i reckon the same could happen with mine.
does anyone want a white/red.
cheers boydie.