PDA

View Full Version : so hard to say goodbye...

sammigold
Fri Nov 23, 2007, 02:20 AM
One of my fish is currently dieing... (I believe it is old age... It is approx. 8and a half years old, maybe 9 based on the fact that when we bought it was nearly 9 years ago and I have read that their lifespan runs between 5-10 years.)

I know that I should put it out of its misery... but I cant.... as there are no guarantees that the method with which I choose to do this are painless. Especially as this fish is very large. (a silver scat) I definitely do not want to chop its head off or somesuch!!!

so now it is with heavy heart that we must wait out the inevitable, guilty that we can do nothing to help, yet knowing that death is a natural part of life. I dont believe that my fish is suffering any undue pain, no gasping or such, just a slowing in the breathing and swim bladder disfunction...

I just feel very helpless and sad to see my fishy leaving this world.

just thought I would share with others who I know will understand. I think this will be the first time that I truly cry at the death of a fish. 9 years is a long time and we have seen a lot in that time. 2 house moves, the death of a beloved dog, the welcoming of new pets, the birth of a beloved daughter, sheeesh!!!! I am getting too soppy.

well bye for now... I will update when the time has passed... :cry:

sammigold
Fri Nov 23, 2007, 04:14 AM
Well, my fish has gone to fishy heaven... and he got a little burial in the garden. The tank looks empty with him.
:-(

sammigold
Fri Nov 23, 2007, 04:19 AM
a pic...

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a328/sammigold/100_4242.jpg

ILLUSN
Fri Nov 23, 2007, 01:04 PM
Sorry to hear that sammi, its a painfull thing to watch.

nicholas76
Sun Nov 25, 2007, 10:46 AM
Always look on the upside sammi!

now you need a new pet to fill that void!

Merrilyn
Sun Nov 25, 2007, 11:24 AM
I feel your pain Sammi. It's never easy, but he had a wonderful life with you, and his passing was relatively quick.

Deepest sympathy.

sammigold
Sun Nov 25, 2007, 11:48 AM
thanks guys and merrilyn...your thoughts are much appreciated.

Nick, you are always the optimist!!! (you DAG!)

the_oracle
Mon Nov 26, 2007, 01:55 PM
My sympathy is with you, sammi...........
Been there before..........And it hurts..............
Take care.

Sanie.

sammigold
Mon Nov 26, 2007, 11:09 PM
thanks Sanie

nicholas76
Tue Nov 27, 2007, 08:31 AM
samie!

lets go shopping ....with your money :lol:

Tommo
Tue Nov 27, 2007, 08:54 AM
samie!

lets go shopping ....with your money :lol:

You Tight Arse !!!!

Cheers Tommo

sammigold
Tue Nov 27, 2007, 09:11 AM
Nick, any fish I buy for that tank will have to be little as my synodontis will only accept large fish that it has grown up with!!! anybody else gets beaten up big time.

nicholas76
Tue Nov 27, 2007, 09:18 AM
synodontis ? im sure theres a cream for that...

hehe easy fix get rid of that fish, wash the tank out and go marine!

sammigold
Tue Nov 27, 2007, 09:42 AM
yeah, yeah, yeah......... uh, let me think about it....... thinking....... ummm...... NO! :-)