PDA

View Full Version : Dark Color??

beadgirl05
Wed Nov 07, 2007, 04:57 PM
One of my Red Turquoise seems to be a dark bluish/purple in color!? Hes eating and swimming and the water is being changed every day?? I have had them for 2 weeks--is this normal before thier color is normal?? HELP :?

Hassles
Wed Nov 07, 2007, 05:39 PM
I am sure you will receive a more informed reply than this but........if your fish has darkened significantly I would suggest that it is stressed to some degree. Also, if your water changes drop the temperature too much the fish may experience shock due to this. I hope this helps.

ILLUSN
Wed Nov 07, 2007, 10:36 PM
Does the color change hapen after a water change or all the time?
Are you doing water changes from the tap?
if so I'd be looking for temp shock, or ph shock.
if its either of these 2 then do smaller changes more often till you can get a containter to age and condition your water.

how long has the tank been running? what are your water paramenters (ph temp NH3/NH4 NO3,NO2) what else is in it (gravel bare bottom other fish)

Sorry we need some more info if we're going to be able to help you.

beadgirl05
Mon Nov 12, 2007, 08:04 PM
:cry: One of my blue diamonds died through the night!! this sucks!!

ILLUSN
Mon Nov 12, 2007, 10:16 PM
We need some more info on your tank if were going to be able to help you.
hows youur water quality?

beadgirl05
Mon Nov 12, 2007, 10:53 PM
The temp is 84 the ph 7.0 no nitrites or nitrates--large gravel bottom and I'm doing water changes every other day my tank has been set up for a year :?:

ILLUSN
Tue Nov 13, 2007, 12:36 AM
84f is about 28.9C, try upping the temp to 30-31C.
try to lower your ph, if you can get it down to 5, any bugs in your fish will have a much harder time proliferating. if you can do both your fish will have a much better chance of recovering.

are the fish eating, are they passing normal stools? do you notice any mucus comming off the dark cloored fish?