PDA

View Full Version : Flubeol 15

djceri_g
Fri Oct 12, 2007, 04:45 PM
How much do I dose? cant remember and it doesnt say on the pack!

benjohnson
Mon Oct 15, 2007, 03:03 PM
1ml/1gram per 25 gallons of water (A flat teaspoon equals 5mls and will treat a tank of up to 125 gallons)

However, I have been told you can over dose on this and , and I have done so myself before without any problems, if anything I put a stronger dose the 2nd time I used it and had better results so its up to you.

apistodiscus
Tue Oct 16, 2007, 09:57 AM
Very hard to overdose flubenol 15. 10 times overdosing does not seem to cause any harm to the fish if you can believe the manufacturer. have a look here: http://shop1.actinicexpress.co.uk/shops/DiscusSouth/index.php?cat=Discus_Wormer

djceri_g
Sun Oct 28, 2007, 07:05 PM
I have recently wormed my discus as you all know, but now im noticing white poo!! Should another dose be needed? Or could it be something else the matter? They all are feeding well and healthy!

ILLUSN
Sun Oct 28, 2007, 10:54 PM
it could be the dead worms passing through, otherwise it might be hex.

tzwms
Mon Oct 29, 2007, 04:44 AM
ILLUSN,
And if it is hex ...?

ILLUSN
Mon Oct 29, 2007, 05:02 AM
If it's hex you'll need metro, a low ph(5.0) will also help you out ALOT.

tzwms
Mon Oct 29, 2007, 10:49 AM
Thanks,
Don't have this problem, but was wondering how you would treat it.

djceri_g
Mon Oct 29, 2007, 12:36 PM
well it was 2 weeks ago since I wormed! Maybey try another dose before treating for hex! Could it really be Hex? What are the symptoms for this? Surely white poo could be a sign of a few sickness? Where do you get metro

benjohnson
Mon Oct 29, 2007, 01:17 PM
Im not sure where you can get Metro in the UK... Might need to get hold of the vet and try and get them to get it for you... good luck trying to find a fish orientated vet though, or even one with some even remote knowledge !!!

I can suggest tou contact a member on here called fishgeek. Hos name is Andrew and is a vet based in London... He may know of the rules to getting hold of this ove rhere... its something I would be interested to know to. I've never needed it yet, but could come in handy ! :-)

ILLUSN
Mon Oct 29, 2007, 01:46 PM
white poo can mean a few things, when i treat with levimenisole i usually all the fish sheadding white poo after about 20min, i assume its the drug irritating the stomach lining, if its been a while since you medicated and the fish are passing white poo for no apoparent reason I'd say something is irritating the gut, it could be worms, I use prazi and levimenisole for worming, or it could be hex.

you could try some epson salts, it will force the fish to purge their stomachs. if you see worms in the faeces (you'll have to look VERY carefully) repeat your worming, if not I'd start lowering the ph and mixing metro into the food (1 gramm/100g food) and feeding the medicated food 2x daily for a week.

djceri_g
Mon Oct 29, 2007, 02:42 PM
I shall try epsom salts tonight, and try get hold of some metro! Ive only noticed one passin white poo though, there seems to be a little flickering but nothing much, they dont rub against objects etc. Also Ive had some problems with water recently, read this tread to see ,http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14278

fishgeek
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 04:32 PM
metronidazol in england is prescription regulated medication
ring your local vet and explain the situation they may be willing to help you, unfortunately regulations for veterinary professionals mean they are supposed to examine the animal they are prescribing for, and if they are unfamiliar with the species then the implications of charging for advice(which maybe limited) are often just not worth the possible aggro

one of the waterlife products is thought to have similar effect to metronidazol, i can never remember the one protozin or octozin, prehaps that in conjunction with the controlled lowering of pH maybe effective for intestinal protozoa

i have, and would not advise it on expensive fish, used fenbendazol palatable tabets, these are available without prescription at veterinary outlets , online and in many supermarkets petsores as either sherley's or prehaps bob martins

i have used the panacur branded fenbedazol and had my fish eat those when broken small and crumbled straight into the tank

the fenbendazol is effective against protozoa in cats and dog's , i cant find exact answers to efficacy in fish
it is also a broadspectrum wormer

hope that is off some use
andrew

djceri_g
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 09:13 PM
great info thanks! I have decided to try the primafix for now, see if that will help. I havent seen any white poo today and they are all still happy and feeding like they have never seen food before!

djceri_g
Fri Nov 02, 2007, 09:59 PM
Im starting to think this is a worm problem! I have noticed some mucus in their gills. Is it possible to add some Flubenol intoo their beef heart? (ready made, frozen)

fishgeek
Sat Nov 03, 2007, 07:26 AM
the suppossed advantage of flubenol, is that it has flubendazol 50% premix(same family as fenbendazol) already mixed with other things to increase it's solubility

fenbendazol... the wormer .. comes in granules and palatble chews(stock cube type things) these can be mixed in food and are probably available at the supermarket

djceri_g
Sun Nov 04, 2007, 07:29 PM
Opps, Ive dosed but I must not have mixed it good enough, all the bottom on the tank is powdery! Will it work just the same? I havent seen any flickering or white poo yet!

fishgeek
Mon Nov 05, 2007, 07:22 AM
never used the stuff, so can ony repeat hat the sellers claim

stir it up, it is suppossed to be soluble

andrew

benjohnson
Tue Nov 06, 2007, 09:57 AM
You end up getting some powedery residue on the bottom no matter how well you mixed it up. If you can give it a bit more of a mix without upsetting your fish it can't hurt... just dont do more harm than good by freaking them out so they dart into the glass etc

djceri_g
Thu Nov 08, 2007, 08:32 PM
well, I iwormed again and havent seen any white poo yet! Theres stll the occationally flickering going on though!Ive scrubbed the internal filter and rinsed the external slightly, I think that could do with a new filter floss but new ones are on the way. I will do extra more requlat water changes to get rid of all this dusty stuff in my water I also noticed from the out put spray bar in the external filter theres like a cloud of dust coming from it! Think this might go away after the new filter floss? thnks for the advice guys! very helpfull

ILLUSN
Thu Nov 08, 2007, 09:38 PM
that cloud is usally caused by algae growing in the filter hose, you'll need to remove the hose, drain them and scrub the insides of the hose with a hose cleaning brush.

could also be residual dust in the filter media.

djceri_g
Fri Nov 09, 2007, 08:27 AM
I have got some algae growth in the tank, I dont understand why because I have a nitrate removal spounge in the internal. Also, the lights are on between 6-8 hours a day which aint too bad. There is some white much on the sticky things that holds the input and ouput hoses that runs to the external. I shall give it a good scrubb!!

benjohnson
Fri Nov 09, 2007, 01:30 PM
The nitrate removal sponger in your internal juwel filter wont remove algae, and im not convinced it lowers nitrates either !

Is your tank near a window? and how long do you have your tank light's on for every day ?? More often than not, excessive light will cause algae to grow more than anything else

djceri_g
Fri Nov 09, 2007, 02:18 PM
I thought that alage feeds on Nitrate, so by having a nitrate removal spounge will starve them, I only have the light on for no more thatn 7 hours a day. I have some algae on the sie of the tank and cannot scrubb it. Ive been told to use a razor!

benjohnson
Mon Nov 12, 2007, 01:46 PM
Its the effectiveness of the nitrate removal sponge in the first place that I question ;-)

You can buy algae scrapers from a fish shop. O igess a r azor would work, but dont go near the seals of your tank else you'll end up swimming with your fish in your front room if your not careful.

You can buy algae pad's on a stick , bit safer than using a razor or similiar if your worried about it