PDA

View Full Version : How offten to feed ?

BSW
Thu Sep 20, 2007, 12:46 PM
I have four young 3.5" to 4" Leopards.
I have used the homemade seafood mix, Brine Shrimp (with spurlina) mixed with freeze dried Bloodworms. No Beefheart yet. I have a heavily planted tank, more difficult to clean, so I've avoided it. I feed all they will clean up, 4 times a day.
I can't fill these guy's up ! But I've also read of constipation, which I want to avoid. Is their diet not quality enough, keeping them hungry ? Or is their hunger normal ? The fish look great, very active, good color & growing.
Thanks -
B

ILLUSN
Thu Sep 20, 2007, 12:59 PM
i reckon your on the right track if your feeding multiple times a day and they're still hungry. discus will eat till they explode if you let them just keep doing what your doing.
dont you love hungry fish in planted tanks.

BSW
Thu Sep 20, 2007, 01:36 PM
Well, thanks for your reply.
I had Discus several years ago, but knew nothing about keeping them then. I guess I was lucky they even lived, I only had two in a community tank. Now, I have a 60 gal planted, and I'm trying to do the best by them that I can.
But Holy Cow, I've never seen anything eat like this !!! I have other tanks with Angelfish, I thought they ate a lot but, the Discus blow them away !!
B