PDA

View Full Version : It's a lovefest.

Merrilyn
Fri Sep 14, 2007, 01:07 PM
Spring is definately in the air in my fish room.

At the moment I have the following pairs with eggs or free swimming fry.

Peppermint catfish - around 50 babies so far.

Betta unimaculata - rare mouthbrooding bettas. Only pair in Australia that I know of - around 100 fry from several spawnings.

Wild caught kribensis - eggs at the moment

Betta chanoides - tiny mouthbrooding bettas with their second spawn just released by the male.

Rams - guarding eggs.

Apistogramma Inka 50s - around 100 fry being well guarded by a very protective mum.

Oh and two pairs of red horsefaces, both with eggs.

Hmmmmm think that's about the lot. Bet you want to know my secret .... don't you. Well it's terribly complicated, but if you follow step by step, you should be right.

First do a big water change, then get really busy and skip their twice weekly water changes. Don't change the water for nearly two weeks, then feel really guilty for neglecting your fish and do a really, really big water change. That's it.

Within a week all your fish will be breeding like mad.

I can almost guarantee it :D

samir
Fri Sep 14, 2007, 01:18 PM
Don't change the water for nearly two weeks, then feel really guilty for neglecting your fish and do a really, really big water change.

:lol: :lol: :lol: you are not alone

nicholas76
Fri Sep 14, 2007, 01:33 PM
i think its in the way you do water changes merris! lol

Xtreme
Sun Sep 16, 2007, 03:17 AM
Congrates Mez, :wave1

Wondering if theres any pics of the wild kribensis
Job well done

Merrilyn
Sun Sep 16, 2007, 08:34 AM
I'll try, she's got about 150 babies and pretty protective of them. Keeping them at the back of the tank.

But the pair have the most magnificent colours, even the male is showing bright red on the lips and belly.

Much more colourful than our normal domestic varieties.

scott bowler
Sun Sep 16, 2007, 08:43 AM
well done mezz love your work hehe