PDA

View Full Version : heckel not eating

gypsy3
Sat Sep 01, 2007, 12:54 PM
hi all....got 2 heckels a few weeks back, one is eating fine, taking all foods. the bigger one is not eating(about 4 days now) even tho at first he was picking at beefheart. he will have a bit of a go at live food when i feed it, otherwise nothing. i notice he is continually bullied by one of the other discus and as big as he is, he is a very timid fish. would removing the bully help, or do i try other things.he does hide a lot and goes dark, but at other times looks ok. seems like a very stressed fish to me.

samir
Sat Sep 01, 2007, 01:02 PM
would removing the bully help

probably what's causing it in the first place. check for ammonia nitrite and nitrate. what is your ph ???

gypsy3
Sat Sep 01, 2007, 10:25 PM
hi samir....all water paramaters are fine. as i said, the other heckel is going great. the other discus also tried to bully it but it fought back and doesn't get bothered anymore.so should i just get rid of the bully?would be a shame as its a really nice spotted leopard, but i will if that solves the problem. always dreamed of getting heckels and would certainly hate to lose one