PDA

View Full Version : Green "tufts" of algae on driftwood?

Erk
Mon Jun 25, 2007, 01:43 PM
Does anyone know what would be the cause of the thick green "tufts" of algae on my driftwood? This just started to appear recently, and the snails seem to hang out on it. It doesnt rip off the driftwood very easily, and it def. wont vac off with the gravel vac :? Its only on the driftwood....it looks almost like a java moss?? hahaha....i still have the usual green algae on the back glass wall, but other then that, for the most part, the algae has been going away, since the co2 has been hooked up.

I do a water change on wednesdays and saturdays....in between water changes I dose flourish and iron right after my water change, then the next day, potassium and trace, then the day after that is just iron. I try to dose iron every other day

I will get pics later tonight and post up here.

Thanks for your help as always! :D

ILLUSN
Tue Jun 26, 2007, 03:29 AM
try squirtiung some excell directly on them. normally makes them die.

Erk
Tue Jun 26, 2007, 12:27 PM
Thanks ILLUSN....I will have to get some more of Excel, I gave it to my mother, since I had the pressurized going now :?

Here are some pics of the algae I have

Thanks

Erk
Tue Jun 26, 2007, 12:29 PM
And three more pics

Thanks

Erk
Thu Jun 28, 2007, 03:38 PM
Ok, just ordered the following dry ferts.....CSM+B Plantex, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Sulfate, Mono Potassium Phosphate, and of course a Measuring Glass.....so hopefully I can get this dosing under control....its my fault for getting a light fixture that gives me 4.2 WPG

Didnt realize exactly how much dosing I was gonna have to do...and I def. feel im not doing enough :shock: :lol:

Thanks....will keep you guys posted...if anyone has suggestions on dosing dry ferts, i would greatly appreciate it...Im reading up about them as I go here