PDA

View Full Version : Discus dinner

ILLUSN
Tue May 29, 2007, 08:48 AM
Anyone feeding discus dinner?
got some fish that just dont want anything to do with it.

DiscusEden
Tue May 29, 2007, 10:34 AM
Yep, feeding it & the fish seem to love it. You've got some fussy fish there!

Unless that's the Posaqua stuff, there seems to have been a problem with the last batch.

scott bowler
Tue May 29, 2007, 11:17 AM
yeah ILLUSN i use it from time to time when i run out of beef heart i make , my fish like it . if they dont eat it try other things like it there are a few on the market now. i just like to make my own foods .

ILLUSN
Wed May 30, 2007, 02:41 AM
thanks DiscusEden and Scott, dont know what there problem is all they want to eat is tetrabits and bloodworms

fish_r
Wed May 30, 2007, 08:48 AM
if u stop feeding the bloodworms and tetra bits and introduce the discus dinner they will eat it eventually and then they will love it after a while, then re introduce the bloodworm occasianly and the tetra bits. had the same with discus deluxe, they wouldnt touch it at first but after a while they absolutely love it, just takes them a while to get used to it...

ILLUSN
Wed May 30, 2007, 10:10 AM
thanks heaps, thats what I'm trying to do but they're only small (2" max) so i dont want them to stop eating, these RGD's are too good to stunt.

Robdog
Wed May 30, 2007, 11:34 PM
My guys love the discus dinner.

jzz30
Thu May 31, 2007, 01:43 AM
No problems here, they love it.

fish_r
Thu May 31, 2007, 01:44 AM
in the time that it takes to get them onto the discus dinner Illusn u wont stunt ur discus, can u get discus deluxe where u are ? cause if u can get them onto discus dinner they should eat discus deluxe too and imo discus deluxe is better :wink:

martraci
Thu May 31, 2007, 04:39 AM
deluxe i like too, has other things like banana and garlic (from memory?)
just with the discus foods watch how long you store them for, sometimes they go starch white when you place them in the tank which can mean they are way to old

ILLUSN
Thu May 31, 2007, 07:24 AM
thanks heaps everyone, will start looking for discus deluxe as well, the've taken to the discus dinner just they dont obliterate it like my other discus do, i think Wayne and Bec have been spoiling them while i was on my honeymoon :P. just kidding guys. They still look great thanks again for taking care of them for me till the tank was ready.