PDA

View Full Version : ADA Substrate Amazonia type 2

Trongpai
Mon May 28, 2007, 02:58 PM
Recently in shops here I noticed a new product: "ADA Amazonia Type 2" substrate. The words "new and Improved" on the bag too.

Any know anyting about this product? What's been improved?

By the way, on the box is also for shipment to Thailand only but both the shipping box and each bag is all in English with a little bit of Japanise.

Proteus
Mon May 28, 2007, 08:50 PM
The original Amazonia suffered a lot of problems with tank clouding as well as other items (seeds etc) being found within the packaging from poor manufacturing and packing processes.

nornicle
Tue May 29, 2007, 01:51 PM
thats an interesting update, thanks for the update trong, wonder if we will see aquasoil and ecocomplete Type 2 here soon :D

Trongpai
Tue May 29, 2007, 06:52 PM
I have been trying to find ecocomplete here in Thailand to no avail. No one I spoke to has even heard of the stuff. They just want to sell you ADA products. A big bag of ADA Amazonia goes for 800 Baht. Convert that to your currency and compair if your interested.

There are a few other aqua soils I see that are imports from China. No English on the bags at all. No one here tells me much about them other than it's aqua soil, or so they think. The suff looks like ADA but who know, it's priced lower.

Proteus
Tue May 29, 2007, 08:43 PM
There are a few other aqua soils I see that are imports from China. No English on the bags at all. No one here tells me much about them other than it's aqua soil, or so they think. The suff looks like ADA but who know, it's priced lower.

Well, when you consider that Red Sea Flora base is the same as ADA Malaya (also made in Japan) and cheaper it wouldnt surprise me if there are other alternatives that are of teh same quality but much cheaper.

taksan
Wed May 30, 2007, 04:17 AM
Seachem have a nice looking sandy type of gravel that doesn't cloud the water like ADA soil

SOLOMON
Fri Jun 01, 2007, 07:02 AM
seachem is also launching black flourite and a black flourite sand (like onyx sand but with nutrients), which should appeal to the non-ADA market.

Trongpai
Fri Jun 15, 2007, 09:06 AM
I went ahead and baught two bags of this "new and improved" ADA type 2 aqua soil. I planted the tank and within 2 hours the water was clear. Now, lets see if the plants like it. Looks ok, I did mix and top it with someting more attractive but mostly ADA type 2.