PDA

View Full Version : more new tanks

fish_r
Tue May 01, 2007, 02:57 PM
as if i dont have enough things to look after.
i got two new tanks from work yesterday for a steel for $15ea
"usually $79.95ea" not really tanks but large candle holders lol.
but i thought one on each side of my hutch would look good with a betta in each.
what do u think ?

DiscusMad
Tue May 01, 2007, 04:51 PM
so now your on your belly to use your computer LOL :lol:

fish_r
Wed May 02, 2007, 08:42 AM
sorry m8 went staight over the top of my head ? lol

Nathan
Wed May 02, 2007, 09:33 AM
your screen is on the floor?

i reckon itd look better with some gravel an a couple fake plants personaly.

scott bowler
Wed May 02, 2007, 10:06 AM
they look good rob good pic up mate well done hehe

fish_r
Wed May 02, 2007, 11:14 AM
your screen is on the floor?
i reckon itd look better with some gravel an a couple fake plants personaly.

the screen is on the desktop lol
the gravel is coming and i have some fake plants i can put in :)

they look good rob good pic up mate well done hehe
thx Scott...

DiscusEden
Wed May 02, 2007, 01:57 PM
Woo-hoo, more tanks!

Well done!

You still have some space where the dog is. You could get a 2 ft in there if you move the black box over. And if you move the bettas together they'll flare more. But really, just the 2 together would look a bit odd. Better with a row of 4. Or 8. hmmmm.

Sorry, back with you. Looks great! Very effective!

(Did you know that if you had a laptop you could leave it standing on end when not in use & use all that bench space?)

fish_r
Wed May 02, 2007, 02:59 PM
lol DE :)
could put a 2ft there, but might freak the fish a bit being next to the sub woofer :wink: and my dog would be very pissed at it taking up his kennel :)
hmmm now u got my thinking lol another 4 would be nice...
not really into laptops, but if i did get rid of the desk i could fit an 8ft tank in there nicely, stop giving me ideas pls. i cant afford it :wink:

Nathan
Thu May 03, 2007, 02:35 AM
oh lol looked like it was on the ground, there lookn good.

martraci
Thu May 03, 2007, 07:47 AM
hey fish{r thats the same logitech system i have, z5500? it kicks ass

martraci
Thu May 03, 2007, 07:48 AM
in saying that though, i gotta turn the bass down alot for the tank..gotta do watcha gotta do huh

samir
Thu May 03, 2007, 07:54 AM
put some candles in, betta don't do too well in bowls :D

OscarManAlpha
Thu May 03, 2007, 11:34 AM
You have a nice looking dog !!

How old is he ?

fish_r
Thu May 03, 2007, 11:43 AM
it must of looked like it was on the floor Nathan as 2 of u said so :) sorry bout that.

yep there Z5500's martraci
i love em and so do my neibours lol "NOT" i usually run my sub volume @ 2 bars off full but have to be careful as stuff starts walking of my desk the monitor included lol.

here's some extra settings u might not know about for the Z5500's ? i found em on the net some where.... "more power and some eye candy"
1) "Volume Offsets". When listening to any of the "Analog Inputs" (Direct,Direct1,Direct2,Direct3), * you can set a "volume offset" by pressing mute while you turn the volume knob. It will always remember to kick your volume up by this many dB when you switch to this input. Why would you want this? Most audio systems have different output levels. Ever notice how you need to adjust the volume when you switch from one input to another? With this, you can "preset" these inputs a little hotter, so when you're flipping back and forth, the volumes match.

2) "Diagnostic Mode". When the unit is off, if you press and hold the Input and Effect buttons simultaneously for six seconds, you will put the unit in "Diagnostic Mode". In this mode, whenever a digital stream is detected, it will display information about that stream for five seconds, just like a receiver does. Might as well always leave it in this mode. It doesn't hurt anything, and the information is fun to have.

3) "Second Skin". With the unit off, if you press and hold the Input, Effect, Settings, and Mute buttons all simultaneously, for six seconds, you will activate an alternate display which is slightly different. It's coolest feature? Purple Off Light!

4) "Volume Boost". When listening to any input, if you keep turning the volume up past "full", you can get up to an extra 11dB of volume. Why would you want this? Very quiet audio files from a voice recorder, for example. Or, just to really crank
it!

To get to this new, stupidly loud, earth shattering kaboom like volume, you simple crank the controlls to Boost 11, then hold down the MUTE button and continue to crank the unit I think this only works in Direct Input though, as my Optic doesn't like boosting without a signal (and Im not game enough to try it while playing music)

i thought cause the fish were in jam jars in most shops i see em the jars with about 4 times the room would be better for them Samir and have read they live in puddles etc, but thats about all the research of done on them....

fish_r
Thu May 03, 2007, 11:47 AM
thx OscarManAlpha
he's about 14-15mths old now :)
he doesnt like anyone going into his room though lol.
"does he DiscusEden" hehe...

fish_r
Thu May 03, 2007, 11:55 AM
he's a spoilt little boy here's a pic of him in bed and one just after i got him :)
he's seen dad sleeping with his head on the pillow and has to do the same :lol:

DiscusEden
Thu May 03, 2007, 12:13 PM
he doesnt like anyone going into his room though lol.
"does he DiscusEden" hehe...

Yeah, funny. As they said on Dawn of the Dead, he's bitey. But in other rooms, a lovely dog.

fish_r
Thu May 03, 2007, 01:04 PM
sorry DE i couldnt resist :P he will be better when he settles down a bit, he's getting his nads off soon, so hopefully that will settle him down a bit :shock:

DiscusEden
Thu May 03, 2007, 01:29 PM
he's getting his nads off soon, so hopefully that will settle him down a bit :shock:

Only if you explain why. And what comes off next if he keeps it up. :wink:

fish_r
Fri May 04, 2007, 09:02 AM
have heard if u get em de-sexed "the chop" ouch.
they settle a bit and also heard it cuts down the possibilities of cancer etc. + it might stop the urge to wander "not that he does yet" i should of done it long ago but never got around to it.
his head comes off next if he keeps it up...
"joke"
i love my Dookie :)