PDA

View Full Version : Holes in leaves???

axl
Mon Apr 23, 2007, 09:18 AM
Hi,
Im starting to get holes in my new leaves of my amazon swords and other various plants. I have 4 yo yo loaches in there and two sae. Would the sae's be eating holes in the leaves. I cant work it out. Heres a pic of what somthing is doing.

axl
Mon Apr 23, 2007, 09:27 AM
Just had a thought i have had them for two weeks now and havent feed them at all. Would they be making the holes in the leaves because there hungry. I just feed them some flakes and they loved them. Hopefully thats the answer.

scuba123cliff
Mon Apr 23, 2007, 09:53 AM
Just looking through some of my books they suggest that the holes you have in your plant leaves could be caused by excess nitrate and recommends wc to bring it under control.
hope this helps
Cliff

ILLUSN
Mon Apr 23, 2007, 10:47 AM
your yoyo's are punching holes in your leaves as they swim at night, they do this with their mouths, caught my little buggers doing it the other night. keep up the light co2 and nutrients and new ones will regrow, still dont know why they do it, they dont eat leaves.

axl
Mon Apr 23, 2007, 10:49 AM
ahhhh the little buggers, thanks for the help on this 1

ILLUSN
Mon Apr 23, 2007, 11:01 AM
No worries, I know clowns do this thats why i went yoyo's, the other night after lights out i saw the buggers do it and almost tore my hair out.
Why are all my fish against me having nice plants :ug good luck mate if you find a way to make them stop PLEASE let me know

axl
Mon Apr 23, 2007, 11:13 AM
ha ha ha i will keep you posted if i find anything. Not guitly until seen doing the crime ha ha ha