PDA

View Full Version : Pond Filters ant info ?

Tunnel Rat
Sun Apr 01, 2007, 01:07 AM
Hi work is going slow on my new tank just finished the reinforcing of the floor doing the electrical now (power point and exhaust fan wiring)Then the new double French doors will be fitted so I can get the tank in.
But back onto the Topic pond filters the tank will be a 1500L job with a 9000L/H sump 4x2x2.
I was thinking of the 2260 for a mechanical filter but now find myself looking at going the pond filter way.OK I just love the back flow idea (lazy man)
So any info on these two
Laguna Pressure Flo Pond Filter 12000 + UV
Oase Filtoclear 11000 + UV
I do not really want a UV but they all seem to come with one.
Who has a pond filter running on a tank ?
Any info would be great like What pump do you have running on it ?How good does the back flush work ?
Noise is no problem as it will be built into a wall.

thx
Rat

ILLUSN
Sun Apr 01, 2007, 01:13 AM
Hi Rat,
looking at the same option myself for my 1000l, how did you reinforce your floor?

Tunnel Rat
Sun Apr 01, 2007, 01:51 AM
Hi Rat,
looking at the same option myself for my 1000l, how did you reinforce your floor?

You lazy too LOL :lol:
Which pond filter are you looking at ?

The floor well It was a wooden floorboard job.So removed the boards did not like the joists so removed them as well.Decided to make the lot again so dug out a foundation about 20inches wide 20inches deep all round the walls and concreted that in with 30 bags of concrete that was fun NOT.
On top of that bricked up the supports for the 4"x4" bearers running the bearers 18 inches apart then layed the 2"x4" joists on top of the bearers 10 inches apart (over kill).Decided not to put floorboards back on so layed 19mm concrete board down (heavy stuff).

Rat

ILLUSN
Sun Apr 01, 2007, 02:15 AM
Well done, i've got the same problem so I've decided to enclose the back veranda into an insulated fish room (it's actually on a concrete slab) i was looking at the SunSun Pond Filter CPF-180 with 18w UVC from ASA http://www.aquariumsuppliesaustralia.com.au/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=2868
not bad for the price, i'll just fill it with course sponge and fine wool

Tunnel Rat
Sun Apr 01, 2007, 02:50 AM
Well done, i've got the same problem so I've decided to enclose the back veranda into an insulated fish room (it's actually on a concrete slab) i was looking at the SunSun Pond Filter CPF-180 with 18w UVC from ASA http://www.aquariumsuppliesaustralia.com.au/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=2868
not bad for the price, i'll just fill it with course sponge and fine wool

I will have a look at that filter has it got the back flash system with the handle to squash the sponge up when back flashing ?

Rat

Proteus
Sun Apr 01, 2007, 03:05 AM
I will have a look at that filter has it got the back flash system with the handle to squash the sponge up when back flashing ?

No it doesnt.

Tunnel Rat
Sun Apr 01, 2007, 01:45 PM

No it doesnt.

Thats a shame I would of guessed it would of with that big blue handle :(

Well the Filtoclear 6000 is looking good so far over the Laguna Pressure-Flo 3200.Only because I like how the Oase Filtoclear 6000 can squash the foam up when back flushing.The Laguna looks like it only scrapes the sponge when back flushing.
I will need to run a external pump on this around the 4000L/H mark any ideas Rohan ?
If I decided to go the Oase Filtoclear 6000 can ASA get one in for me ?

Where is that C Thompson I know he has a pond filter not sure which one or if he likes it ? Would like some of your input if you are out there.

thx
Rat

rthnone
Tue Apr 03, 2007, 02:48 PM
For pond filters, Oase are the best by far.

jackleaon
Tue Apr 12, 2011, 05:06 PM
Its really important to know the uses and needs to have a new pond filter. We have variety of pond filters available in market. If you have big pond then you can select filter diameter of 24'' to 36'' and typical cubic feet of 7 to 23.

larishowen
Tue Apr 26, 2011, 01:31 PM
Keep your Dam fresh clean and healthy means having a good Pond filter system in place, and this requires, while in inventory Dam correctly Dam filter media that you will need to keep your Pond filtration system operation to its maximum.Use my signature.