PDA

View Full Version : free pearlweed cuttings Adelaide only

fish_r
Sat Feb 10, 2007, 03:18 PM
got heaps of pearl weed cuttings approx 10-12cm probably about 60 or more stems.
only to people that wont let it go to waste.
very easy to grow plant under medium lighting.
it's more or less the whole middle bunch "i trimmed right back"

Namn8r
Sat Feb 10, 2007, 11:32 PM
Where abouts are you located? I live at tennyson, what are you running? C02 as wel> your macranda looks great!

fish_r
Sun Feb 11, 2007, 01:32 AM
PM sent Namn8r :)
only DIY co2 on this tank "for now" but i dont change it as often as i should, also dose excel, flourish iron and dulpa plant 24 drops daily

fish_r
Mon Feb 12, 2007, 07:31 AM
geez ud'e think someone would want it for FREE !!!
guess i'll have to sell it to my lfs :roll: :roll: :roll:

DiscusEden
Mon Feb 12, 2007, 09:24 AM
Hey, if you can't give it away, I'm happy to put my hand up.

fish_r
Mon Feb 12, 2007, 10:04 AM
if u think u can keep it alive till ur lights arrive and get installed ur more than welcome to it, but if not will have another batch ready in 2-3 weeks...
just let me know...

DiscusEden
Mon Feb 12, 2007, 10:30 AM
Mmm, would you mind if I tried with this lot (CO2 was posted today), and if it doesn't work, I come begging for more? Happy to pay of course.

Of course, if someone else wants this lot, they're welcome......

fish_r
Mon Feb 12, 2007, 11:28 AM
no probs DE up too u, just let me know when u want to pick it up :) needs to be soon cause it hasnt got any light as of today...

axl
Mon Feb 12, 2007, 10:42 PM
hey nice looknig setup quick question what type of disucs is it on the right hand side orange looking

bun
Tue Feb 13, 2007, 07:30 AM
Orange pigeon blood by the looks of it :)

fish_r
Tue Feb 13, 2007, 07:46 AM
yep it's a small pigeon :)

Namn8r
Tue Feb 13, 2007, 08:36 AM
do you know if that pigeon is a male? I have a female to swap ..looking for a male

axl
Tue Feb 13, 2007, 10:09 AM
beutiful looking fish, do they go darker when they get moody, somone on here told me not to get blue diamonds or pidgeon as they could darken up?? is this right

fish_r
Tue Feb 13, 2007, 11:03 AM
do you know if that pigeon is a male? I have a female to swap ..looking for a male
no not sure ? it's still a pretty young fish, and i really want to hang on to mine :)

beutiful looking fish, do they go darker when they get moody, somone on here told me not to get blue diamonds or pidgeon as they could darken up?? is this right
one of my fav's, iv'e never seen it go dark ? had it for about 5-6 mths i think.
but my turk goes dark a fair bit, cause of breeding...

DiscusEden
Tue Feb 13, 2007, 11:21 AM
From what I've read, pigeons can develop black spots, or "peppering" depending on stress, the environment - including how dark it is, and genetics. This is usually permenant & is a fault.

Turks/ everything but pigeons and diamonds can get dark bars through genetics, which stay and can fade as the fish matures, or stress, which come & go.

All discus but albinos can become dark in the body as a whole when severely stressed, breeding or sick. This is not permenant. Unless it dies of course.

Diamonds (blue, red gold) do not get peppering or bars.

HTH

Please correct me if I'm wrong guys. I could do with the information as much as axl.

achen10
Fri Feb 16, 2007, 06:45 AM
it looks fantastic, i also want to get some if u still have it to give away. Pls advise the address to pick it up.

Tks,
Ariel Chen

fish_r
Fri Feb 16, 2007, 01:00 PM
i ended up getting rid of that batch, but will be having a trim of another bush of it in a week or so, so i will PM u when it's ready :)
dont worry DE will have some 4 u in a week or two after that too when my replanted stuff needs trimming :)

DiscusEden
Fri Feb 16, 2007, 01:08 PM
Okeydokey.

SAdiscus
Sun Mar 11, 2007, 12:27 PM
PM me when ur cutting next.

Clinton Payneham

fish_r
Wed Mar 14, 2007, 12:47 PM
sorry for not getting back sooner, but no more "FREE" plants available :(