PDA

View Full Version : Update of my 4ft

ashley
Sun Jan 21, 2007, 07:36 AM
Hi Everyone,

I thought I would post some update pics of my 4ft Aqua 1.
There have been quite a few changes since I set this tank up in April last year.
As you can see the log I had across the lengh of the tank has gone, also the river rocks are out.
The Aqua 1 trickle fillter has been decommisioned and 2 cannister filters added.
I added DIY co2 last week, and have noticed a huge difference in the growth of the plants.
I am thinking of empting the whole tank and adding laterite or a substrate additive of some kind as the plants are growing fast but are getting quite leggy eg: lots of stem and little folige.
I have no real fert program, so I will have to start one to get the growth I am looking for.
I have had numerous tank mates with my discus, however I have lost most of them, I dont know why, however the Discus have thrived, thank goodness.
Please let me know what you think of my tank at the moment.

Cheers Ashley

nicholas76
Sun Jan 21, 2007, 07:54 AM
wow its looking great scott
clearly your a co2 guy. what are you doing to keep the sand so clean mate

scott bowler
Sun Jan 21, 2007, 07:58 AM
wow its comeing along very nicely ash plants are awesome keep up the good work

axl
Sun Jan 21, 2007, 11:28 PM
hi,
nice looking tank what is that plant in the bottom left hand corner is it giant hygro????

fish_r
Mon Jan 22, 2007, 12:45 AM
nice looking tank, looks very clean and healthy :)

ashley
Mon Jan 22, 2007, 08:14 AM
Hi Guys,

Thankyou for your comments.

Yes its Hygro Axl, its one of very few plants that grow well for me , except Ambulia, I think thats how you spell it, anyhow you all know what im talking about.

Axl so hows Horsham? My parents live there and I was born there. I know it well.

Ashley

axl
Mon Jan 22, 2007, 09:28 PM
Hey ash horsham is good, you no its still the same hasnt changed much. Whats ya last name if you dont mine me asking cheers axl

RJ_Archer
Tue Jan 23, 2007, 04:07 AM
lovly lookin tank mate. :D . that embulia(spelling) will become a pest soon. its grows so blood quick

samir
Tue Jan 23, 2007, 04:46 AM
thats a beautiful tank, all thats missing is two blue diamonds and two red melons :wink:

ashley
Tue Jan 23, 2007, 07:57 AM
Hey Samir,

Things are going well Im a little bit afraid that I may over stock with that many fish in the tank.

Ash

scott bowler
Tue Jan 23, 2007, 08:54 AM
hey ash i only see 3 discus in ther you could have at least 6 should be ok

ashley
Tue Jan 23, 2007, 06:47 PM
Hi Scott,
There are actually 5 in this tank, 2 snakeskins,
2 blue turks and a pb.
Check out my gallery.

Ash

scott bowler