PDA

View Full Version : Live bloodworm

bun
Wed Jan 03, 2007, 07:31 AM
Hey, could someone please tell me if live bloodworm from fishing stores (meant for bait) is ok to feed my discus? :P

Cheers

scott bowler
Wed Jan 03, 2007, 08:10 AM
bun i dont think thats a good idea the blood worms used for bait are sand worms and would be to course and my get stuck in there mouth .the worms have small legs down thre bodys .that IMO others my have other thought s. i know you can feed pelled prawns but ground up like beef hart

Bill T
Wed Jan 03, 2007, 11:49 PM
I would be very careful about what live things you put into your aquarium as you risk introducing nasty bugs.

nicholas76
Sat Jan 20, 2007, 01:54 PM
Live blood worm from a bait store?

so your refering to live sand worms?

the only thing live i would feed my fish is brime shrimp. blood worm frozen is the go , unless your really trying to get your fish to breed mode which id then source a trusted supplier of blood worm meant for fish consumption.

samir
Sat Jan 20, 2007, 02:04 PM
you can feed them chopped earthworms,my discus back home loved them, but keep them in a box for a day so they clean themselves out.

fish_r
Sat Jan 20, 2007, 02:28 PM
i think Bun is talking about actual blood worms, in Adelaide we have what they call a blood worm run, and the estuary's run thick in with these worms in spawn, they are a salt water worm, similar to a tube worm but full of blood
"great fishing bait when the run is on"
but i wouldn't feed em to my discus
http://www.murraycod.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=2106