PDA

View Full Version : its a nice huge tank!

DiscusMad
Fri Dec 29, 2006, 02:58 PM
http://www.hs-aquaristikberatung.homepage.t-online.de/AQUARIENBAU.htm

shame there is no discus :roll:

bun
Fri Dec 29, 2006, 04:09 PM
What an effort :) but I think the background is stupid, takes up half the tank :P But it is a very nice setup.

DiscusMad
Fri Dec 29, 2006, 04:24 PM
Ithough the background was wasted space but its where all of the bio balls went to lol

RJ_Archer
Sun Dec 31, 2006, 03:45 AM
imagin if they put 1 neon tetra in that tank :shock: . id probley go cichlids in that size tank

scott bowler
Mon Jan 01, 2007, 02:58 PM
thats a huge tank yeah i think the back ground takes up to much space but it was good to see how it was all done .pritty cool thanks mad oh im with you needs some discus haha

taksan
Mon Jan 01, 2007, 10:37 PM
Its not that big actualy
with the background in its only holding about 1500 litres .....and I've got bigger tanks then that.

Tunnel Rat
Tue Jan 02, 2007, 08:20 AM
What a waste it could of been so much better some people have real bad taste.What is it with using three different back grounds :banghead
If you where going to all that expense how about 3ft wide as the amazon b/g takes up most of the tank space.
I do like tanks made with black silicon :thumb

cya
Rat

nicholas76
Wed Jan 03, 2007, 07:59 AM
I agree

so much work yet so little to show for it.

yeah its nice but jeepers thats a lot of money for just small fish like that.

Robdog
Thu Jan 04, 2007, 08:21 AM
Big tank with a lot of potential but all of it wasted on stupid livebearers and a background that squishes your fish against the glass. I dig the cory's and the Emperor tetra's but the rest are rubbish.

Must get hot in Germany :lol:

DiscusMad
Thu Jan 04, 2007, 11:35 AM
must get alot of smelly arm pits over there

DiscusEden
Thu Jan 04, 2007, 12:03 PM
What's the last fish in their photos? Might need your help putting up a photo Robdog.

ellwa
Fri Jan 05, 2007, 01:01 AM
so much potential.

I don't mind the diffrent backgrounds, but I would have gone with a wider footprint, and I would have put a sump underneath, not filled the rear with bioballs.

nice snail farm they've got going on though!

goldenpigeon
Fri Jan 05, 2007, 01:39 AM
geez, more money than brains!

1. background was to big for the tank
2. should have stuck with 1 background
3. very bad choice in filtration
4. planting looked crap
5. crap silicon job
6. they didnt position the substrate very well, it looks like it would be about 10cm deep at the front!

go and start again boyz :lol:

nicholas76
Sun Jan 07, 2007, 05:49 AM
hmm perhaps the fish werent the focus in this project